WWW Guide - World Wide Web
WWW - World Wide Web Consortium
The WWW is commonly referred to as the network.
The web is a computer network around the world.
Computers communicate using standard language on the Web.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) developed the Web standards
What is WWW?
- WWW on behalf of the World Wide Web (World Wide Web)
- Often referred to as the World Wide Web network
- The network is a computer network all over the world
- All computers in the network can communicate with each other
- All computers use HTTP communication standards
How does the World Wide Web work?
- The information storage file is called a web page
- Web pages are stored on the web server.
- The computer that reads the web is called a web client
- The program that the web client views the webpage is called a web browser
- Popular browsers are Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
How to get web browser?
- A web browser fetches the web page data from the server on request
- The standard HTTP request contains a web address
- Web address example: http://www.w3cschool.cc
How does the browser display the page?
- All pages contain instructions on how to display them
- The browser has read these instructions to display the page.
- The most common display commands are called HTML tags
- The paragraph in the HTML tag is: <p>
- In HTML, a paragraph is defined like this: <p> This is a paragraph . </ p>
Who is doing Web standards?
- Web standards are not what Google or Microsoft are doing
- The agency that made the Web rules is the W3C
- W3C represents the World Wide Web Consortium
- W3C web standards.
- The most important Web standards are HTML, CSS and XML