We can retrieve data from URL to controller action method by two methods in asp.net mvc such as parameter of action method function and Query string. We can get Query string value just like web forms as Request.QueryString.
In this example I will show you how to retrieve value from URL in asp.net mvc.
Right click on the "Controllers" folder and add "Home" controller. Copy and paste the following code
public class HomeController : Controller
public string Index(int? id)
return "The Id of employee is " + id + " and Name '" + Request.QueryString["name"]+"'";
Run the project and pass the parameter and query string value.
The Id of employee is 2 and Name 'rasik'
Post your comments / questions
- How to fix HAXM is not installed |in Android Studio
- How to fix CMOS Checksum Error in Computer or Laptop | SOLVED
- Reactivating windows after a Hardware change on PC or Laptop
- FIXED: Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code :0xc004F211
- "redirect" is not defined pylance("reportUndefinedVariable)
- This action cannot be completed because the file is open in SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS) - FIXED
- Unicode error 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated UXXXXXXXX escape
- Could not find the 'angular-devkit/build-angular:dev-server' builder's node package | Angular Error