In this article we will discuss, How to create while loop SQL server We will be using Employee table. Below example we need to insert 1000 products to a item table using while loop.
Step 1: Create a table using the following script with data:
[ItemId] [int] NOTNULL,
[ItemName] [nvarchar](50) NOT NULL,
[Description] [nvarchar](50) NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT[PK_Item] PRIMARY KEYCLUSTERED
)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
Step 2: Create records using the following script with data.
DECLARE @ItemId int
SET @ItemId =1
WHILE(@ItemId <= 1000)
INSERT INTO Item VALUES
(@ItemId, 'Product - ' + CAST(@ItemId as nvarchar(20)),
'Product - ' + CAST(@ItemId as nvarchar(20)) + ' Description')
SET @ItemId = @ItemId + 1
Post your comments / questions
- How to add two numbers in Android Studio? | Source Code
- FindViewByID returns null in android studio -SOLVED
- Saving changes is not permitted in SQL SERVER - [SOLVED]
- Restore of database failed. File cannot be restored over the existing. -[SOLVED]
- One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly in Visual Studio 2019 | FIXED
- How to find Laptop's Battery Health?
- SOLVED-Related Field got invalid lookup: icontains error in Django
- How to enable Search Feature in Django admin?