In this article we will discuss, how to use ExecuteScalar () method in ASP.Net c#. when we want o return a single value by using ExecuteScalar () method. Below example brief about returning total number of employees.
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
//Create the connection object
SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ShoppingZone"].ConnectionString) ;
//Create aninstance of SqlCommand class, specifying the T-SQL command
//that we want toexecute, and the connection object.
SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("Select Count(EmployeeId) from Employee", connection);
//As the T-SQLstatement that we want to execute return a single value,
//use ExecuteScalar()method of the command object.
//Since thereturn type of ExecuteScalar() is object, we are type casting to int datatype
int TotalRows = (int)cmd.ExecuteScalar();
Response.Write("Totalemployees = " +TotalRows.ToString());
catch (Exception ex)
// HandleExceptions, if any
// The finallyblock is guarenteed to execute even if there is an exception.
// This ensures connections are always properlyclosed.
Post your comments / questions
- How to fix CMOS Checksum Error in Computer or Laptop | SOLVED
- Reactivating windows after a Hardware change on PC or Laptop
- FIXED: Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code :0xc004F211
- "redirect" is not defined pylance("reportUndefinedVariable)
- This action cannot be completed because the file is open in SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS) - FIXED
- Unicode error 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated UXXXXXXXX escape
- Could not find the 'angular-devkit/build-angular:dev-server' builder's node package | Angular Error
- Error: error:0308010C:digital envelope routines::unsupported