In this article we will discuss, how to use ExecuteScalar () method in ASP.Net c#. when we want o return a single value by using ExecuteScalar () method. Below example brief about returning total number of employees.
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
//Create the connection object
SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ShoppingZone"].ConnectionString) ;
//Create aninstance of SqlCommand class, specifying the T-SQL command
//that we want toexecute, and the connection object.
SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("Select Count(EmployeeId) from Employee", connection);
//As the T-SQLstatement that we want to execute return a single value,
//use ExecuteScalar()method of the command object.
//Since thereturn type of ExecuteScalar() is object, we are type casting to int datatype
int TotalRows = (int)cmd.ExecuteScalar();
Response.Write("Totalemployees = " +TotalRows.ToString());
catch (Exception ex)
// HandleExceptions, if any
// The finallyblock is guarenteed to execute even if there is an exception.
// This ensures connections are always properlyclosed.
Post your comments / questions
- How to add two numbers in Android Studio? | Source Code
- FindViewByID returns null in android studio -SOLVED
- Saving changes is not permitted in SQL SERVER - [SOLVED]
- Restore of database failed. File cannot be restored over the existing. -[SOLVED]
- One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly in Visual Studio 2019 | FIXED
- How to find Laptop's Battery Health?
- SOLVED-Related Field got invalid lookup: icontains error in Django
- How to enable Search Feature in Django admin?