In this tutorial I will show how to enable search feature in django admin. The search function in Django admin can be enabled and customised.
To enable search feature:
In your admin.py file, add a search fields property to the ModelAdmin class. This will activate the search option. You should mention the fields you want to search on in this attribute.
from django.contrib import admin from .models import * class ProductAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin): list_display = ('name', 'description') search_fields = ['name', 'description'] # Enable search on these fields admin.site.register(Product, ProductAdmin)
Post your comments / questions
- How to add two numbers in Android Studio? | Source Code
- FindViewByID returns null in android studio -SOLVED
- Saving changes is not permitted in SQL SERVER - [SOLVED]
- Restore of database failed. File cannot be restored over the existing. -[SOLVED]
- One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly in Visual Studio 2019 | FIXED
- How to find Laptop's Battery Health?
- SOLVED-Related Field got invalid lookup: icontains error in Django
- How to check PAN-Aadhaar is Linked or NOT?